68%
Commodore
32%

Total votes: 19

The Gravedigger
Professional
Professional

Post by The Gravedigger »

The only two ford drivers i wouldn't mind if they won care and would actually congratulate if they won... would be Lowndes or Seto (its been 40yrs since a Seton has one at bathurst)
bashderq
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by bashderq »

ppft, ford drivers,cord drivlers, holden drivers, shmolden drivers...i dont care, as long as the most colourful car wins :P :lol:
The Gravedigger
Professional
Professional

To you bashderq... i have but one thing to say

BLEH

All in all, tommorow's race will be (and always will be) THE best racing in any motorsport.... F1, Le Mans, A1, NASCAR, etc... have nothing over the V8 supercars

EDIT: now all I have to say is that Ford's (Marcus's one in particualr) obviously can't deal against a Commodore (ambrose coming out second best between his little scufold against Murph)
snoopdogg
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by snoopdogg »

i select falcon
aRezYn
Ricer
Ricer

Post by aRezYn »

yeah Falcon for me too.

the whole entire Turbo 6's do it for me.

Even tho I own a VR Berlina and my dads got a VY SS, I go the Falcons.

My dad raced an XR6 turbo in the old SS and it smashed us.

Also Commodores seats are stiff, the suspensions stiff, Falcon seats are nice.

The only thing I dont like about the XR6 is the interior looks good but feels cheap.
Fadeproof
Professional
Professional

Post by Fadeproof »

commodore for me... based on looks only. i know the falcon performes better but i think the commodore looks much better
The Gravedigger
Professional
Professional

Fadeproof wrote:commodore for me... based on looks only. i know the falcon performes better but i think the commodore looks much better
Ummm..... that's actually in reverse (I am a Holden freak) but when it comes to the best that each has to offer, Holden perform better
The best Ford would be the FPV F6 Typhoon, a straight 6 turbo-charged engine running at 270kW (it outclasses the GT-P by a fair amount, and the GT-P has a Boss 290 V8 aswell :lol: )
Comparing that to the best that Holden has to offer, HSV Clubsport R8 pumping out 297kW (LS2, 6L V8 )
The winner out of all three the FPV GT-P, the FPV F6 Typhoon, and the HSV Clubsoprt R8.... the Clubsport beat both of the ford rivals, The FPV F6 was really the only rival.....
Out of looks, it goes to Ford

Between the Commodore and Falcon, Holden again wins for Performance.... The SS beat the XR6T (which again.... the 6 beat ford's 5.4L V8 )
But again..... looks go to Ford
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

Falcons are also more practical. The Commodores superior track handling comes at the expense of a comfortable ride.

Unless you race, having the faster car is only good for bragging at the pub . . .
The Gravedigger
Professional
Professional

And yes..... I know the commodore's suspension is shiznit *sighs
One thing I don't think, they'll be able to beat Ford with.......

But, I can deal with the lack of comfort..... doesn't bother me (then again, I've grown up only in Holdens)
My tradition of not sitting in a Ford was only broken this year 8)
I'm pleased with myself (and in a way not)
Sweet-16
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Sweet-16 »

mmm.. i'd say falcon.. the look very nice in my humble opinion. i just wouldn't drive either car. too big for my taste. i like little things like mustangs or camaros or s10s.

performance wise, i think the ford would take the win. sometimes the best power doesn't garuntee you the gold. it's not how fast the car can go, it's how well the driver can drive. i've seen 880hp cars on the drag strip lose to cars with only like 540 or so hp.. why? because the dipstick in the high power car double clutched and wound up messing his transmission up :lol: funny stuff to watch.

so my vote is for ford falcons.

Return to “The Cars”