the best antivirus

Everything for your PC, from case modding to OS discussions, come here to discuss computer hardware and software.
SkeeteRX7
Drift King
Drift King

Post by SkeeteRX7 »

AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition, always auto-installs updates and takes up very little space.
C2D T7500 2.2 ghz| 256 MB NVIDIA Quadro FX570m|160 GB 7200 RPM|2 GB RAM- my laptop
Ragotech
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ragotech »

NOD 32 do that too and its size is 8 MB.
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

I use SPYSHERRIF lolololol... JK don't use it ppl. Its a virus itself.
RazoR_MKD
Banned

Post by RazoR_MKD »

Naah,kaspersky is the best
Ragotech
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ragotech »

try to use also Kaspersky Internet Security 6.0 it has all but little slower.
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

Well, I just got the CA eTrust Internet security Suite, and it's firewall is PWNAGE!!!!

All those banner ads are replaced with nothing, and I really get no popups. :D :D :D
*Best day of my... eh, month!*
Jopuma
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Jopuma »

I use McAffe. Since I have Comcast I get it for free. It does a very decent job of checking viruses. I've had no troubles with it so far.
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

Stereo wrote:All those banner ads are replaced with nothing, and I really get no popups. :D :D :D
i get the same thing just with firefox+adblock :/
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

Well I always use Firefox and Thunderbird. >_<
Ragotech
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ragotech »

now beside my NOD 32 i from time to time go do a free scan from Symantec which scans all my hard and MacAfee scans the drive C only.
weedman173
Professional
Professional

Post by weedman173 »

mjdude23 wrote:I use "Spy Sweeper" I went to walmart and it took care of my p*rn virus
It wasnt a virus then, Spy Sweeper only removes spyware which is different from a virus. I use NOD32, I've had it for about 2 days now so I can't really say if it's good or not.
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Post by peterfaj »

I use free version of avast antivirus. It's got an on-access protection, it scans all new files, amazing how there's almost no loss of ram. It's only weakness are spywares (at least I've got problems, not anymore though). It's got free program and virus database updates and it's translated to many languages (even Slovene :D).
Jmac-
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Jmac- »

I use Kaspersky Internet Security ... I love how it screams when it finds a virus ...
Jana
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Jana »

i use kaspersky anti-virus.
BrontoX
Professional
Professional

Post by BrontoX »

McAfee for me
marshman
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by marshman »

Well i originally had Panda antivirus. don't know why, it doesn't even sound like it could do the job. Anyway, had some trouble with it and after 3 weeks of it and Panda support couldn't fix it, i ditched them for Norton.

Norton was great, no viruses or anything but i did notice it was a drain on my computers performance. Still i had it for a couple of years and no trouble. I got curious however, after reading thread after thread, article after article, on how Norton was using too much of my PC performance.

So i switched to NOD32 after a friend had done the same. So far, touch wood, no viruses and it's easy to use. But the big improvement is my performance. I have 1gb ram and with Norton plus my other spyware programs running, i was using 390-430mb ram without even having anythig else like internet/games or whatever. Now i'm down at 230mb ram and even have extra spyware programs running at start up.

Programs i use to help me fight the bad stuff.

All running.
NOD32 antivirus
Windows defender
Spywareguard
Spywareblaster
Trend Micro anti-spyware
Adawre se Proffessional

On my sytem and scan with occasionally.
Spybot search and destroy
Superantispyware
Spysweeper
EwidoSysclean standalone scanner
Hijackthis (great tool if you know how to use it)

General clean up.
Ccleaner
Regcleaner

You can't have enough imo! :D

Plus, stay away from the p0rn sites! :wink:
P4-2.8ghz-1gb ram-Radeon 256mb X800XT
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Jeez, ^ paranoid or what? I use AVG Free, MS AntiSpyware and Spybot S&D for any actual removal work.
marshman
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by marshman »

GT3x24x7 wrote:Jeez, ^ paranoid or what? I use AVG Free, MS AntiSpyware and Spybot S&D for any actual removal work.
:lol: :lol: Nope, i just spend half my time cleaning up other peoples PCs that aren't protected, and realise how much work is involved in sorting an infected system out. Once a PC becomes infected, and your anti virus/spyware programs didn't notice the intruder, your system becomes a whole lot worse.

I spent last night sorting out my bro-in laws laptop. Took about 4 hours to clean it up, which was pretty lucky considering he had 35 trojans and 17 viruses, (not the worst i've had to deal with). Some of the stuff these viruses get up to is crazy, even stopping great programs such as Adawre, Spybot, Hijackthis and more, inoperable. The guys who make the viruses, know which programs we use, and counteract them by making their program block ours.

I could probably get ten Hijackthis logs from people off here, who think they are protected, and over half would probably have some nasty malware/spyware/virus/browser "helper"/search assistant etc on their system that none of their programs were detecting.

Prevention is better than the cure! :wink:

BTW mate, when you say MS antispyware do you mean the microsoft one? That now is Windows Defender, download and upgrade from the Microsoft site if you haven't already. Also, as you are using the free AVG program, which is pretty good (for nothing) i'd recommend an occasional online scan using such sites as symantec.
marshman
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by marshman »

Stereo wrote:I use SPYSHERRIF lolololol... JK don't use it ppl. Its a virus itself.
pmsl! I only just saw that one mate. Nearly got a bite out of me too. :lol: :lol: :lol:
bashderq
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by bashderq »

marshman wrote:I could probably get ten Hijackthis logs from people off here
Are you a moderator or a HJT team member on bleepingcomputer.com?
marshman
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by marshman »

bashderq wrote:
marshman wrote:I could probably get ten Hijackthis logs from people off here
Are you a moderator or a HJT team member on bleepingcomputer.com?
No mate, neither am i on any other forum. Also i don't claim to be as knowledgeable as those guys, who do a great job. I just have learnt some useful stuff, via those guys, and help out family and friends when i can.
Jmac-
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Jmac- »

The new Zone Alarm 7.0 is going to have Kaspersky Anti-Virus instead of eTrust ...

Finally, an internet security suite that does everything well ...

Return to “The Hardware & Software”